Functional Rehab of the Knee (Ridgeland, MS)
Focuses on evidence -based therapeutic value-designed exercise applications that promote tri-plane stabilization of the lower extremity. Attendees will explore the most up to date treatment plans for selected knee pathology. They will participate in labs which will include pre-functional mobility, tri-plane stabilization and balance proprioception training
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to correctly describe the difference between joint instability and compression protocols for anterior knee pain
- By the end of the course, participants will list 3 benefits to performing closed kinetic chain loading exercises for patella-femoral stabilization
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to describe the safe range of motion for closed kinetic chain exercise status-post ACL reconstruction in each phase of rehabilitation
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to develop an exercise treatment progression following a criterion-based protocol for meniscus repair
- By the end of the course, participants will list 3 treatment precautions for articular cartilage resurfacing.
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to describe correctly patello-femoral biomechanics during open and closed kinetic chain knee flexion.
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to determine the appropriate treatment phase of rehabilitation given a case study for an ACL reconstruction.
Live Course Agenda
- 8:00-9:00 Lecture Functionality of the Closed Kinetic Challenge of the Knee
- 9:00-10:00 Lecture Treating Patella-Femoral Pain with a Simplified Approach
- 10:00-10:15 Break
- 10:15-10:45 Lab One Manual Mobility
- 10:45-11:15 Lecture Post-Operative Guidelines for Patella Realignment
- 11:15-12:00 Lab Two Pre-Functional Exercises for the Knee
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 Lecture ACL Rehab (Why the First Phase of Recovery need to be Re-Visited)
- 2:00-2:15 Break
- 2:15-3:15 Lecture ACL Rehab with Functional Returns
- 3:15-4:15 Lecture Meniscus and Articular Cartilage Pathology with Post-Operative Guidelines
- 4:15-5:00 Lab Three Proprioceptive Tri-Plane Stabilization
- 5:00-5:30 Q&A, group discussion, Wrap-up
Price Per Seat
Date & Time
Start: Jun. 12, 2022 (8:00am)
Elite Physical Therapy
950 East County Line Rd.
Riddgeland, MS 39157
Course Currently Unavailable
View more FRK: Functional Rehab of the Knee: Concepts of Evidence Based Treatment courses.