Exercise Prescription (Franklin, TN)
This course is designed to enhance a physical therapists ability to develop and prescribe an individualized exercise program of the spine and extremities for the patient’s specific presentation. The course considers normal tissue healing times, the optimum stimulus for regeneration and repair of each specific tissue. Emphasis is placed on histology, neurology, exercise dosage, biomechanics, and pathology for various musculoskeletal conditions. A thorough understanding of these principles prepares the physical therapist to design an appropriate exercise program in order to achieve optimum functional outcomes. Extensive lab time is provided for practice of exercise prescription for all regions of the spine and extremities. This course is designed to complement the manual therapy and clinical reasoning treatment approach. All required prereading material will be sent in a link via your registration confirmation email. Please bring a pair of athletic shorts and a sport top to this course.
At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the mechanical and neural influence of exercise on movement dysfunction and pain pathways
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement cervical and lumbar spinal stabilization programs from basic coordinative exercises to high-level function.
- Understand the concepts of exercise dosage for each specific tissue and a variety of diagnoses.
- Implement and demonstrate proficiency in designing and prescribing a specific graded exercise program for a variety of diagnoses and movement dysfunctions.
- Progress patients from basic local exercises to high level functional progressions.
- Understand the principles of both regional interdependence and the tissue in lesion model as it relates to exercise prescription throughout the body.
- Understand graded motor imagery and mirror box therapy in patients with centrally facilitated pain and how this relates to exercise dosage.
- Design and implement neural mobilization techniques while considering the sensitivity of this structure.
Price Per Seat
Date & Time
Start: Dec. 2, 2023 (8:00am)
End: Dec. 3, 2023 (5:30pm)
2001 Mallory Ln
Franklin, TN 37067